Monday 4 October 2010

Book of the Week - Anjali Joseph, Saraswati Park

Anyone who has been following my blog for a while will know that I am interested in modern Indian fiction. There are a significant number of very fine young Indian authors, particularly writing literary fiction. Saraswati Park is the first published novel of Anjali Joseph, who was born in Bombay in 1978. She read English at Trinity College, Cambridge, and has taught English at the Sorbonne. More recently she has written for the Times of India in Bombay and been a Commissioning Editor for ELLE (India. Recently, and before the publication of this novel, The Daily Telegraph featured her in 2010's Top 20 novelists under 40. Reviews of the book are just beginning to appear, but seem strong, and it certainly sounds like a book which I will enjoy. I have yet to see signed first editions available in the UK, but will be watching out for them. In the meantime, if any of my readers are aware of signed copies then please send me an e-mail!

No comments: